Sunday, March 22, 2009

Moving Along with The Green Team


Here is today's progress, and as you can see, finishing the trailer made a big difference in the looks of the painting.

The first thing I did today was correct the rail on the right side. I may make more corrections when I paint the interior of the trailer and the next layer on the outside, but for now it will stay as it is. Sometimes it's better to correct in increments to be sure they're needed as the rest of the painting progresses.

One of the frustrations I've been having as I paint these days is due to arthritis in my hands. I can't flip brushes around in my fingers as I used to, and I'm dropping them more. That is taking some getting used to and requires greater care in brush handling. I just hate it when a brush drops into blobs of paint on the palette!

And, that's all I have to say for today. Except that the trailer color really isn't quite as neon looking as it may appear on your monitor.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Karen, nice to see your progress on this *old* painting! The trailer is looking awesome! Looks like the straight edge is a great tool for you...anxious to see the horses develop further.