Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Horse Paintings Accepted Into Museum Art Exhibition

"Almost Home, Hunter Pace" 18x24 oil painting



 I have some exciting news to share with all of you, and now that I know it’s a reality, I’m spreading the word. 

Last February I was invited to submit artwork to the American Academy of Equine Art’s Spring Invitational exhibition and submitted two paintings. Much to my surprise, both were accepted, and I had to scurry around to get them shipped out by the deadline. That’s a story in itself. 

The AAEA Spring Invitational is being held in two locations this year: at the Georgetown College in Georgetown, Kentucky and at the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art in Marietta, Georgia. My work was selected to be hung at the Marietta show, and I couldn’t be more pleased. Being in a museum show is a feather in the cap of any artist, and this show runs longer than the Georgetown show. As a bonus, my niece lives just ten minutes away! 

My niece checked out the show on Sunday and reported that my big fox hunting painting, “Almost Home, Hunter Pace” is the first painting one sees upon entering the exhibition. That was very pleasing to hear. She also says that the museum is a busy place with much going on there. That means many people will see the art and increases the chances of gaining a new possible collector. But, I’m not counting on that since few pieces sell in these types of shows. 

"Meet The Green Team" 14x16 oil on canvas
My husband and I are planning a trip to Georgia next month to see the show and have a quick visit with my niece and her family. I’m hoping to fit in some other art activities on the trip while my husband is looking forward to visiting Civil War battlefields. Who knows what else we’ll find to do. 

2 comments:

Cindy Schnackel said...

Congrats on the exhibit, nice work!

Karen Thumm said...

Thank you, Cindy!