Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Palomino Painting; Glory's New Eye

"Tribute To Glory" oil painting on canvas


It’s been a little while since I last worked on Glory. In fact, it’s been so long since I started it that it almost qualifies as an Oldie But Goody - except for the not-being-finished part. 

The last time I worked on Glory back in February, I created a new, larger eye and painted the eyeball a plain gold color. It’s been more than a little unsettling to look at her like that, like some undead creature, so today when I finished working on the big Twilight painting and didn’t want to stop, I decided to give Glory a proper eye. 

This is the result. When the paint is dry, I’ll give her some eye lashes. She looks much better with a larger eye. Here’s the old eye version. 
First eye unfinished

I plan to work on Glory again tomorrow and hope to get her pretty close to being done. All that remains is to repaint the background, repaint the mane and forelock and do some touchups. 

It feels mighty good to be painting again. Thank goodness I can still sit at the easel even with the broken leg. Dropping things is a problem, though, and sometimes I have to wait for my husband to get home to retrieve them for me. Molly Kitty is no good at all at Fetch. 

No comments: